Below is a running list of businesses, hospitals, schools, etc., that have announced closures as Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand prepare for Hurricane Florence. If you know of a closure we should add to this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HGTC will be closed and classes canceled beginning at 5 p.m. Monday and for the remainder of the week. An update will be provided Sunday evening for next week’s operations via social media, email, text alerts, the HGTC website, and local news media.
• Georgetown County Schools
• A mandatory medical evacuation has been ordered for hospitals.
• Coastal Cancer Center will close all its offices beginning Tuesday, Sept. 11 until Monday, Sept. 17, according to the center’s Facebook page.
• Coastal Grand Mall is closing at 9 p.m. Monday. It will be closed until further notice.
• Brookgreen Gardens will be closed Tuesday-Saturday.
• All area Walmart stores closed at 11:30 p.m. Monday and will reopen at a later time.
• Kids Paradise Development Center is closed for the rest of the week.
• HTC branch offices in Murrells Inlet and Socastee
• The Native Sons Salt Games, planned for Saturday Sept. 15 and Sunday Sept. 16, has been canceled, according to the event’s Facebook page. All paid registrants and vendors will receive refunds within ten days.
• Coastal Carolina’s football game against Campbell has been moved from Saturday to Wednesday at 2 p.m., and it will be played at Barker-Lane Stadium in Buies Creek, N.C., instead of Brooks Stadium in Conway.
• Area high school football games scheduled for Friday have been postponed. If or when they will be made up has yet to be announced.