Another person arrested in Ocean Boulevard shooting. What charges they are facing
Myrtle Beach Police have arrested a third person allegedly involved in a shooting that occurred in Myrtle Beach’s most popular tourist area.
Police charged 18-year-old Tequarius Barrett, of Monroe, North Carolina, on Sunday for first-degree assault and battery.
Barrett was transported to a hospital for his injuries before being charged, according to an incident report.
Witnesses saw a large group of people fighting in the street before the shooting occurred, according to police reports.
Officers were patrolling around 9th Avenue North June 12 when they heard multiple gunshots and saw people fleeing from the area, reports said. The area is where an officer-involved shooting left one person dead and 11 injured less than two months prior.
In the June 12 shooting, one individual sustained a gunshot wound, a Facebook post said. That person was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Police reported they arrested Syire Arik McLeod and Chason Jalih Harris, both 18, of Oxford, North Carolina, in the shooting in a Facebook post last week.
McLeod has been charged with third-degree assault and battery. Harris has been charged with tampering with evidence.
Police have also arrested two juveniles related to the incident.
Harris was arrested after he allegedly threw a firearm over the balcony at a Myrtle Beach hotel. The firearm was later to be reported stolen out of North Carolina, a police report said.
Police were searching for suspects related to the shooting and found them in a hotel room at the Coral Beach Resort, 1105 S. Ocean Blvd. When police entered the room on June 13, Harris tossed the firearm, the report said.
The officer-involved shooting on April 26, 2025, in the 900 block of North Ocean Boulevard led to the death of 18-year-old Jerrius Davis, who allegedly fired into a crowd of people on a busy walk which prompted police to return fire.
Eleven others were injured in the shooting. South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is currently investigating the shooting.
Davis, of Bennettsville in nearby Marlboro County, was apparently in Myrtle Beach on spring break with a family member and friends, as were many of the other victims in the shooting.
Safety along the Boulevard has long been a concern of both residents and visitors who come into the city. Recent shootings have only increased the concern, especially now that the city is in its summer tourist season.