A 21-year-old Myrtle Beach man charged with sexual assault and kidnapping was released from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on bond Saturday while another man charged in connection with the same case remains incarcerated.
Thomas Tyller Lambert was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and kidnapping. He was released on a $60,000 bond about 5 p.m. June 6, according to jail records.
Brandon Adam Fitzgerald, 21, of Pawleys Island, was also charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and kidnapping in connection with the same incident. Jail records show he remained incarcerated at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $60,000 as of Tuesday morning.
The two men were arrested on June 3 following an incident that occurred May 17 involving a female victim, whose age was not listed in the police report, authorities said.
Officers were called about 5 p.m. to a home along 16th Avenue South, where a 19-year-old man reported the incident after the victim told him she was assaulted, police said.
The man told authorities when he got to the home, he saw three men running out and found the victim inside, and she told him she had been assaulted, according to a police report.
Authorities spoke with the victim who also told them she was assaulted and needed emergency medical services. The victim was taken to a local hospital, and detectives interviewed her there.
Myrtle Beach crime scene investigators also went to the home and looked for evidence, authorities said.
Police have not yet arrested a third suspect in connection with the crime, according to jail records.
Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.