3-year-old dies from injuries in Conway area shooting, Horry County coroner says
The toddler who was shot in Conway earlier this week died, officials said.
Bailey Simmon, 3, died from injuries in the shooting, according to the Horry County Coroner’s Office. Tasjunique Graham, 23, of Conway, died at the scene of the Monday night shooting. Graham was Simmon’s mother.
Conway police went to the 1600 block of Suggs Street around 7:30 p.m. for the reported shooting. When officers arrived, they found Graham dead from a gunshot wound, according to authorities. Police initially said the toddler was 2-year-old and injured in the shooting.
But, on Wednesday night the coroner’s office confirmed the victim was 3-years-old and died from her injuries.
Police have not made any arrests and have not released any information on possible suspects. Anyone with information is asked to contact Conway police at 843-248-1790.
Conway spokeswoman June Wood declined to comment on any suspicion on what led to the shooting as the case remains under investigation.
This story was originally published September 30, 2020 at 8:11 PM.