Two South Carolina football players no longer with the team
Two more South Carolina football players are now former South Carolina football players.
Defensive end David Johnson and cornerback Al Harris, both of whom started at times for the Gamecocks last year, have left the team, first-year head coach Will Muschamp said Saturday.
“They are not longer part of the team,” Muschamp said in a statement released by the school. “We wish them the best.”
The news was first reported by TheBigSpur.com.
Johnson, a 6-1, 250-pound junior, had 20 tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss last year. Harris, a 5-11, 154-pound junior, had 25 tackles and four pass breakups. Johnson and Harris are the second and third players to be dismissed in the last week, joining wide receiver Shaq Davidson.
This story was originally published February 20, 2016 at 2:29 PM with the headline "Two South Carolina football players no longer with the team."