Letters to the Editor

Take counterfeit money to Secret Service

A reader recently submitted a letter stating that she had somehow gotten a counterfeit bill and her bank would not trade it for a genuine bill.

The U.S. Secret Service, a branch of the Treasury Department, is the proper party to confiscate counterfeit money and compensate the person who reported it, although her bank, in the interest of customer service, could have done that also.

Jeffrey Kovite, Myrtle Beach