A 13-year-old visiting a friend died after putting a metal pole against a power line, South Carolina officials say.
Brayden Williford was outside with other teenagers when he was electrocuted on Sunday night, the Anderson County Coroner’s Office told WYFF and other news outlets.
The contact led to a heart attack, WSPA reports.
After first responders did CPR, the boy was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to WHNS.
“The Coroner’s Office is still investigating, but has ruled Williford’s death accidental,” the Independent Mail reports.