Bomb threat at North Myrtle Beach resort a hoax
A caller told police a bomb had been placed at a North Myrtle Beach resort Saturday night, but a search revealed no evidence of an explosive.
A bomb threat regarding the Avista Resort at 300 N. Ocean Blvd. was called in to North Myrtle Beach Public Safety Dispatch around 9 p.m. Saturday, according to city spokesman Pat Dowling.
North Myrtle Beach Public Safety personnel responded to the scene, as did Horry County Police with explosives detection dogs. However, no evidence of a bomb was found, Dowling said.
This story was originally published July 3, 2016 at 10:28 AM with the headline "Bomb threat at North Myrtle Beach resort a hoax."