Myrtle Beach police still searching for man who shot victim in chest
A day after a 37-year-old man was shot in the chest, Myrtle Beach police are still searching for one suspect.
Police have warrants for 23-year-old Dillan Parker Drye charging him with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature and unlawful use of a vehicle without owner’s consent. There have been no arrests in the case so far, said Lt. Joey Crosby with Myrtle Beach police.
Drye is described as a white male, 6 foot, 200 lbs. with brown eyes and brown hair. He is considered armed and dangerous, police said.
Police were called to the corner of Seaside Place and Porcher Drive in reference to a gunshot victim shortly before 6 p.m Wednesday.
One man was shot in the chest and was transported to the hospital for treatment, according to the police report. The victim’s condition is unknown, but police said he was “in and out” of consciousness during the ambulance ride and was unable to provide a statement.
Minutes before the police were dispatched to the scene, a neighbor, Joel Spies, said he was outside when a woman with a young boy and dog in tow approached him asking to use his cellphone.
“She wanted to call 911,” he said. The woman used his friend’s cellphone to call for help.
Man was reportedly shot in the stomach and is now in surgery. Neighbors reported hearing arguments at house all day. pic.twitter.com/VCiogyPFIw
— Emily Weaver (@TSNEmily) April 20, 2016
“The lady told me that somebody got shot, that her and her boyfriend just came home and found somebody in the house and her boyfriend shot him,” Spies said. “‘He was laying on the street’ and I said, ‘Well, where’s your boyfriend?’ She said, ‘Well he ran away. I don’t know where he’s at.’”
Spies has lived in the community between North Ocean Boulevard and Porcher Drive for more than three decades. It’s usually a quiet area, he said.
Neighbors reported hearing arguments coming from a home near the intersection of Porcher Drive and Seaside Place throughout the day Wednesday. And then a gunshot rang out.
Police are still investigating the incident.
This story was originally published April 21, 2016 at 6:04 PM with the headline "Myrtle Beach police still searching for man who shot victim in chest."