Crime

Conway man wanted in connection with trying to swindle elderly women

Timothy Andrew Cook
Timothy Andrew Cook Photo courtesy of Conway Police Department

A Conway man attempted to swindle several elderly women when he tried to solicit money from them, and Conway police have issued a warrant for his arrest, Lt. Selena Small with Conway police said.

On March 17, officers began an investigation into two Conway victims that had been contacted by Timothy Andrew Cook, 43, requesting money to go see a dying relative.

Cook contacted one victim March 2 and the other March 17, police said.

An investigation revealed Cook as the suspect connected to the case, and that he was calling several elderly women and giving them false information to solicit money from them, authorities said.

Conway police have a warrant for his arrest.

Cook was last known to live in the area of Otter Court in Conway and is about 5-foot-11 and 215 pounds, police said.

Anyone with information on Cook’s whereabouts, or has any additional information on this case, can contact the Conway Police Department at 843-248-1790.

Elizabeth Townsend: 843-626-0217, @TSN_etownsend

This story was originally published April 1, 2016 at 3:26 PM with the headline "Conway man wanted in connection with trying to swindle elderly women."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER