Man shot in Conway, police looking for suspects who ran from scene
One man was shot in Conway on Monday afternoon, and police are searching for two men who ran from the scene, according to Lt. Selena Small with the Conway Police Department.
The shooting happened about 4:30 p.m. near Maple and Dillon streets in Conway. One man was shot and taken to Conway Medical Center with what Small says is non life-threatening injuries. The victim ran towards Whittemore Park Middle School to get help, Small said. School had already let out for the day so there was no need for school administrators to take any action in response to the shooting.
“It’s not related to the school, he just so happened to end up here for treatment. But the school was not involved in any point in time,” Small said.
Police are looking for two men who ran from the scene towards Grainger Road. The suspects are described as black men with a slim build, about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall and wearing camo jackets, Small said. Officers were still searching the area for the suspects about 5:30 p.m. Monday.
Police don’t know yet what led to the shooting; they plan to question the victim at the hospital, Small said.
Small says anyone with information should contact Conway Police at 843-248-1790.
This story was originally published March 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM with the headline "Man shot in Conway, police looking for suspects who ran from scene."