Crime

Victims report $500 in quarters taken in Myrtle Beach home burglary

Myrtle Beach police were called to investigate Friday night after three residents discovered their home was broken into and $500 in quarters, a gun, and a power meter were taken, authorities said.

The residents were left without electricity since the power meter was missing.

Officers were called about 11 p.m. Friday to a home on the 800th block of Pinner Place, near 17th Avenue South, where a 52-year-old man, a 51-year-old woman, and a 24-year-old man reported the incident, police said.

The 24-year-old man said he was the last to leave the home, which was at about 5 p.m., according to the report.

When he returned home about 10:30 p.m. he noticed the power meter was gone and the glass backdoor had been broken with a metal object, which where police said the suspect or suspects gained entry into the home.

The other victims said that a firearm and $500 in quarters was taken from their bedroom, and noticed cabinets and other things in their home had been looked through, police said.

A crime scene officer responded to the home to gather possible evidence, and a local power company workers came to restore electricity to the home, authorities said.

No arrests had been made by Saturday morning.

Elizabeth Townsend: 843-626-0217, @TSN_etownsend

This story was originally published December 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM with the headline "Victims report $500 in quarters taken in Myrtle Beach home burglary."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER