Crime

Four masked men fired at Myrtle Beach Police during chase. One now headed to prison

One of four people who shot at officers during a high-speed chase through Myrtle Beach neighborhoods will spend the next two decades in prison.

Omarion Glass, 20, of Greensboro, North Carolina, pleaded guilty Monday to attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, according to a Myrtle Beach Police Facebook post. He received 20 years for attempted murder and five years for the weapon charge. Both sentences will be served concurrently.

Myrtle Beach Police officers were investigating a stolen vehicle located at the Twilight Surf Hotel on May 22, 2025. When officers attempted a traffic stop, the vehicle, which contained four people wearing masks, fled the scene.

Glass was a front-seat passenger and fired a pistol at officers during the chase, the post said. Glass then fired a rifle at another officer.

The incident ended near 67th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass when the vehicle crashed.

All four people were arrested.

This is Glass’ second strike under South Carolina’s three-strikes law, the post said. If Glass commits another violent offense after his release, he would be eligible for life in prison without parole under the law.

Another person in the vehicle, Riley Pegram, 17, of Brown Summit, North Carolina, was charged with three counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, kidnapping, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a stolen vehicle and failure to stop. He remains in J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

The other two people in the vehicle were not charged and were released into state custody, Myrtle Beach Police said previously.

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER