Update: Victim of deadly Conway bar shooting identified. 3 charged, 1 with murder
Police have arrested a third person involved in a fatal late Friday shooting at a Conway bar and have charged that person with murder.
Lester Goldsmith, of Aynor, was shot while working at Rascal’s Bar and Grill in Conway, according to an email from Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard. Goldsmith later died at Conway Medical Center.
Sunday afternoon, Conway police posted on social media that Irving Oswaldo Centeno Gonzalez was taken into custody by Horry County Police Department and charged with murder.
Officers responded to Rascal’s Bar and Grill, 1221 16th Ave., Friday at 9:53 p.m. for reported shots fired, according to a Conway Police Facebook post.
One person was located with injuries and transported to the hospital, the post said.
Police previously reported that Herman Sanchez Herrera, 38, and Marcos Gutierrez-Vazquez, 26, were in custody related to the incident. Both have been charged with public disorderly conduct.
Details of the shooting have not been released. However, social media posts indicate that the person who was shot has died.
Rascal’s posted on its Facebook page early Saturday morning that it would be closed Saturday and Sunday. “We ask for your prayers and support in this time of need,” the post said.
The bar on Saturday posted on its Facebook page that it was working with the family on funeral arrangements and a celebration of life for the victim.
Goldsmith was known as “Lil Man,” and tributes to him are appearing on social media.
The bar also posted a photo of flowers and a book where people can leave comments for the victim.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
This story was originally published August 16, 2025 at 6:06 AM.