Motel shooting outside Conway, SC results in death of 1 person. What we know so far
One person died after being shot at a motel outside Conway.
Lakeen Ford died at the Conway Medical Center at 11:25 a.m. Sunday from a gunshot wound he received earlier that day, said Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard in an email release. The shooting occurred at the Budget Motel, 681 U.S. 501, at about 10:40 a.m., according to a social media post from Horry County Police.
The 41-year-old man lived in Conway, Willard said. It’s unclear what led up to the shooting but it’s believed to have been an isolated incident.
The Horry County Police Department is investigating the shooting. The Sun News requested the police reports from the incident but did not receive them before publication.
This is a breaking news piece. Check back for updates.
This story was originally published March 17, 2025 at 10:43 AM.