Conway man charged with felony DUI following deadly crash
A 47-year-old Conway man was charged with felony driving under the influence in connection with a car crash that happened earlier this month and resulted in a woman’s death.
Steven Krevinko, 47, was charged with the felony DUI resulting in death Thursday and is currently being held at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on $30,000 bond, authorities said.
Police said when he is bailed out, he will be required to wear an ankle monitoring device.
The charge stems from a crash that occurred about 6:45 p.m. July 7 on Highway 366 near Loris and resulted in the death of passenger Susan Renee Hester, 44, of Conway, authorities said.
Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins with the South Carolina Highway Patrol said Krevinko was driving a 1993 Oldsmobile sports utility vehicle and traveling west on Highway 366 when he lost control of the SUV, which flipped over several times.
Krevinko and Hester were both wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash, according to highway patrol authorities.
Hester died on the scene from injuries that she suffered during the crash, Tony Hendrick, deputy coroner with Horry County, said.
Elizabeth Townsend: 843-626-0217, @TSN_etownsend
This story was originally published July 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM with the headline "Conway man charged with felony DUI following deadly crash."