Shooting at Horry bar leads to death of 22-year old on New Year’s Day
A New Year’s Day shooting left a 22-year-old dead following an incident at a Horry bar, which has allegedly violated nuisance laws in the past.
Emanuel Melvin died at a local hospital around 4:30 a.m. after the shooting at the G Spot dead off of Highway 90, Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said.
This incident itself happened about 3:15 a.m., Willard added.
In 2017, the 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson’s Office filed the action against The G Spot, citing numerous calls for police, including two separate shootings in October and November of 2016.
Richardson previously said a bar is considered a nuisance if one of three rules are violated: selling drugs, repeat calls for police, or if the establishment is a “place of lewd and lascivious conduct.”
This story was originally published January 3, 2023 at 1:26 PM.