Investigations into recent Ocean Boulevard sexual assault reports reveal one false, one baseless
Investigations into recent sexual assaults at Ocean Boulevard hotels revealed that an alleged victim filed a false report, and that a crime was not committed in another case, according to Lt. Joey Crosby, spokesman with Myrtle Beach Police.
The alleged victim in the case involving officers being called about 6 a.m. Saturday to a hotel on the 6900 block of North Ocean Boulevard was later found to be a false claim, Crosby said.
Brianna Huerta, 18, was arrested for filing a false report after telling police a man sexually assaulted her at an Ocean Boulevard hotel.
Huerta told police she was walking southbound on the beach from the hotel on the 6900 block of North Ocean Boulevard with a friend who is on vacation with her.
Huerta said they walked up to a hotel, but didn’t know the name or address, and asked a man at the back desk who appeared to work there if they could use the hotel hot tub, authorities said.
Huerta said while they were in the hot tub a man came up and told them they had to leave. She said she told the man she did not know where her purse was, and the man said he knew and to follow him, police said.
Huerta said she followed the suspect into a stairwell where her jeans and underwear were removed and the suspect was “on top of her,” according to the report.
Police said Huerta was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center where an investigator followed up with her and her claim was later found to be untrue, Crosby said.
In another weekend sexual assault case reported at an Ocean Boulevard hotel, authorities later found that no crime had been committed.
Officers were also called about a sexual assault around 5:19 a.m. Sunday to a hotel on the 2500 block of South Ocean Boulevard where a victim, whose age was not listed, reported she was raped at a different hotel, according to the report.
The victim said that she was in a room about 4 a.m. at a hotel at 2701 S. Ocean Blvd. with the suspect and a witness and later said “she felt she had been raped,” according to the report.
The victim was taken to the hospital for an examination. Detectives and crime scene investigators responded to the scene and interviewed the suspect and witness following the incident, and the claim was later found to be “baseless,” Crosby said.
Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.
This story was originally published July 10, 2015 at 10:24 AM with the headline "Investigations into recent Ocean Boulevard sexual assault reports reveal one false, one baseless."