Man reports thousands of dollars taken during home break-in
Myrtle Beach police are investigating after a man reported thousands of dollars in cash was stolen from his home after someone broke a glass back door, according to a police report.
Officers were called about 2 p.m. Tuesday to a home on the 1000 block of Third Avenue North, where a 39-year-old man reported the incident.
The victim told police that he locked the back door, which is inside his bedroom, and locked his bedroom door before leaving for work Tuesday morning, police said.
The victim said when he came home from work the back door glass had been broken out and the door had been opened. The victim said that $5,000 in cash was missing from his room, authorities said.
Police said they believed nothing else was taken from the house. The investigation is continuing.
Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.
This story was originally published July 1, 2015 at 6:06 AM with the headline "Man reports thousands of dollars taken during home break-in."