Horry County Coroner identifies man killed in Conway area shooting
A 29-year-old man was shot in killed at a Conway-area mobile home earlier this week, officials say.
On Friday, the Horry County Coroner’s Office identified the victim as Walter Lee Myers III. He was pronounced dead at the scene due to multiple gunshot wounds.
Police responded to Warf Drive around 5 p.m. Wednesday for the reported shooting. Warf drive is home to a mobile home park off Highway 65.
Horry County police have released few details about the nature of the shooting. Officers have not announced any arrests in the case.
Nubia Rodriguez lives near the home where the shooting happened and said there were two men and a woman on the property before the incident. She added she hear the gunfire, which caused her to worry.
“I was scared, very scared,” Rodriguez said. “I’m scared, very nervous.”
Rodriguez and other neighbors in the community say it is a quiet neighborhood with little violence.