Crime

Two people injured in Conway shooting, police investigating, police searching for suspects

Two people were hurt during a shooting in north Conway Tuesday night.

Officers responded to a shots fired call around 8:30 p.m. on Boundary Street. Conway spokeswoman June Wood said two people were shot and went to the hospital for treatment. Their injuries were not believed to be life threatening.

Police were initally called to a Boundary Street apartment for the reported shooting. Dispatchers initally said a child was shot, but officers determined that it was two men who were injured, according to a police report. A car also had been shot several times.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 843-248-1790. Police say suspects fled the scene before officers arrived. But, authorities did not provide any suspect information.

Boundary Street is off Main Street and north of downtown Conway.

This story was originally published September 22, 2020 at 9:07 PM.

Alex Lang
The Sun News
Alex Lang is the True Crime reporter for The Sun News covering the legal system and how crime impacts local residents. He says letting residents know if they are safe is a vital role of a newspaper. Alex has covered crime in Detroit, Iowa, New York City, West Virginia and now Horry County.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER