Cold Case Update: Horry father and son murdered. Two years later, 3 are behind bars
Exactly two years after a double-murder, Horry County police charged three people in connection to the fatal shooting of a father and son.
Horry County police announced on Tuesday that Randy Grainger, 53, of Loris, and Samantha Rabon, 35, of Aynor, were both charged with two counts of murder. Grainger also faces charges of arson, third degree, and use of a vehicle without permission with intent to deprive.
Both suspects face life in prison if convicted. The duo waived their initial court appearance, but it would have been procedural as a magistrate could not have set bond in their case because of their charges.
Teresa Martin, 54, of Conway, was charged with conspiracy to commit a felony. Her bond was set at $10,000.
The three were arrested in connection to the Aug. 17, 2018, killing of Robert Marion Ford Jr., 59, and Robbie Stetson Ford, 25, in the Conway area.
Rabon solicited Grainger to murder the father and son at their Highway 19 home, according to arrest warrants. Martin also conspired in the plot, according to arrest warrants.
Grainger shot both victims multiple times, police say.
Grainger also tried to burn the victim’s vehicle, according to the warrants.
Investigators say DNA evidence led them to identify the suspects.
Robert Ford Jr. was the choir director at Good Hope Baptists Church in the Conway and Pastor John Sullivan said Ford would never hurt another person, Sullivan said. He always helped others, such as taking time to help those with physical difficulties into the choir box.
“We just miss him very much,” Sullivan previously told The Sun News.
This story was originally published August 18, 2020 at 12:12 PM.