Crime

Myrtle Beach police release suspect information in connection with motel shooting


Igor Lourenco
Igor Lourenco

Myrtle Beach police are searching for a man in connection with a shooting that occurred Wednesday morning at an Ocean Boulevard motel, Lt. Joey Crosby, spokesman with the Myrtle Beach Police Department, said.

Igor Lourenco is wanted in connection with kidnapping and attempted armed robbery, in addition to attempted murder, and police do have warrants for his arrest, Crosby said.

Police were called about 4 a.m. Wednesday to the Summer Sands Motel at 1404 S. Ocean Blvd. in reference to the shooting, authorities said.

Sgt. Hull with Myrtle Beach police said the shooting happened after an argument. The victim was shot in the leg and taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries, police said.

Authorities believe the shooting incident was unrelated to the upcoming Atlantic Beach Bikefest rally. Three people died and seven were injured in eight shootings on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach on Memorial Day weekend last year.

“We have no evidence or information that would lead us to believe that this incident is connected with Bikefest,” Crosby said in an email.

Crosby said Lourenco is considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached.

Anyone with information about the incident or Lourenco’s whereabouts is asked to call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1382 or your local law enforcement agency.

Our Grand Strand news alliance partner, WPDE contributed to this story.

Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.

This story was originally published May 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM with the headline "Myrtle Beach police release suspect information in connection with motel shooting."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER