Crime

Police looking for suspect after man grabbed $800 from woman’s hand

Police are searching for a suspect after a woman told authorities that a man came up behind her and snatched her bank envelope, containing $800, out of her hand while she was counting it.

Myrtle Beach officers were called about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday to the roadway near the 200 block of Sixth Avenue North and Flagg Street, where a 32-year-old woman reported the incident.

The victim told police that a man came up behind her and snatched a bank envelope, which contained $800, out of her hand while she was walking down the road with her friend and counting her money, authorities said.

The victim said the suspect then fled northbound on Ocean Boulevard, turned left on Eighth Avenue North, and then turned down Flagg Street.

The victim said the suspect was on a moped, and she tried to catch up to him, but he got away.

The victim told police she saw the suspect later in a motel parking lot on Seventh Avenue South. She said the suspect had changed clothes and left the area when he saw her, authorities said.

No arrests had been made in connection with the incident as of Thursday morning.

Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.

This story was originally published May 21, 2015 at 9:04 AM with the headline "Police looking for suspect after man grabbed $800 from woman’s hand."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER