Crime

Police look for suspect following man attacked outside bar

Myrtle Beach police are searching for a suspect after a man was punched, knocked over a moped, and kicked outside a bar, authorities said.

Officers were called about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday to Foster’s Café and Bar at 6307 N. Kings Hwy. where a 49-year-old man reported the incident, along with other witnesses.

The victim said the suspect came into the bar about 1 a.m. and was told to leave by bar staff, who have had past issues with him.

The victim and a witness went outside to make sure the suspect did not damage any property.

The victim said the suspect punched him in the face, and then lunged toward him and knocked him over a moped in the process, police said.

The victim told authorities that the suspect kicked him while he was on the ground and continued to punch him, according to the police report.

The victim said he was able to break away from the suspect, and he ran inside, but the suspect continued yelling and screaming.

One of the witnesses called the police, and the suspect ran from the scene, authorities said.

Officers searched the area for the suspect when they arrived, but were unable to find him.

No arrests had been made in connection with the incident as of Tuesday morning.

Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.

This story was originally published May 12, 2015 at 8:51 AM with the headline "Police look for suspect following man attacked outside bar."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER