Crime

Myrtle Beach man charged with attempted murder released on $30,000 bond

A man charged with attempted murder was released from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $30,000 bond Friday, according to jail records.

Shawntavius Johnson, 21, was charged with attempted murder, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, third-degree assault and battery, and malicious injury to property, police said.

Johnson was arrested March 11 after Michael Thomas Farley, 22, told police Johnson intentionally ran over his foot during an argument and fired a gun at him on March 8 at a home at 1221 Brown Pelican Drive, according to a police report.

Officers said they found a shell casing and a bullet in the wall of the home and were searching for Johnson while Farley was charged with pointing and presenting a firearm at a person. He told officers that he had been drinking and argued with Johnson, police said.

A witness told police the men argued and Farley limped back into the house and called for an ambulance.

Another witness told police he was walking his dog when he saw a vehicle drive by, then he heard a gunshot and saw the same vehicle speeding away, according to the report.

This story was originally published March 21, 2015 at 9:54 AM with the headline "Myrtle Beach man charged with attempted murder released on $30,000 bond."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER