Two more teens charged in connection with Myrtle Beach man’s shooting death
Horry County police charged two more teens in connection with the shooting death of a 21-year-old Myrtle Beach man last week, authorities said Friday.
Michael Xavier Forti, 18, and Brittany Jean Woody, 19, both of Loris were each charged with obstructing justice in connection with the death of 21-year-old Dashadre Jacorey Sampson, according to Horry County police arrest warrants.
Forti was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center on Wednesday, while Woody was jailed the day before him, according to jail records. Both are being held on $20,000 bonds.
The pair are accused of providing shelter and transportation to two other teens who are charged with murder in Sampson’s killing, according to affidavits.
Emericka Shirlene Jackson, 16, of Conway and Deterris Marquiz Nequa Bellamy, 19, of Loris are each charged with murder in Sampson’s death. Bellamy also is charged with accessory after the fact.
Jackson is charged as an adult and is being held at the South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice, while Bellamy remains at the detention center pending a bond hearing.
A motive in Sampson’s death has not been released by police.
Bellamy also is held on a charge of violating his probation, according to jail records.
According to the S.C. Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Service, Bellamy began serving a year of probation on May 6 on a charge of first-degree assault and battery.
Horry County court records showed that Bellamy pleaded guilty May 6 to the charge before Circuit Court Judge Steven John, who sentenced him under the Youthful Offender Act to a period not to exceed five years, but that was suspended to a year of probation.
As part of the plea, charges of third-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor and first-degree attempted criminal sexual conduct with a minor were dismissed, according to court records. Bellamy was arrested on those charges on Aug. 17, 2012.
A records check with the State Law Enforcement Division showed the other three teens did not have prior criminal arrests.
Bellamy and Jackson were taken into custody late Tuesday after a search by Horry County police in the area of S.C. 319 near Mt. Ariel Church, Lt. Robert Kegler said. Jackson was taken into custody and after a brief search with the Horry County police Bloodhound Tracking Team, Kegler said Bellamy was found and arrested.
Sampson was found about 5 p.m. Nov. 5 with multiple gunshot wounds in the 1000 block of Bennett Loop Road in Loris, Kegler said. It appeared that Sampson had been shot at another location before his body was left in the abandon area, he said.
Sampson also was on probation for a charge of criminal solicitation of a minor, according to state probation records. His probation began Aug. 14 and was set to end on Aug. 11, 2017.
Sampson is a registered sex offender in Horry County, convicted of two counts of solicitation of a minor in August 2014, according to the Horry County sex offender database. The victims are listed as 13- and 15-year-old girls.
In February of 2013, Sampson was charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the second degree, according to SLED records. In December 2013, Sampson was charged with several more offenses: third-degree criminal sexual conduct; contributing the delinquency of a minor; and second degree criminal sexual conduct.
When police searched his home in the Carolina Forest area in 2013, officers found a cellphone with a “selfie” photo of a topless girl, the report said. Sampson, police said, responded with an inappropriate picture. The girl told Sampson she was 15 in Facebook conversation in November 2013, the report said.
Sampson incurred two more charges — third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor; and disseminating obscene material to a person under 18 — related to a 16-year-old girl reporting that Sampson had raped her after giving her alcohol, according to SLED records.
The girl told police that between on Dec. 13 she met with Sampson after having an argument with her father and they went to Sampson’s apartment where he gave her something to drink and she became incapacitated, according to a police report.
The victim said she was unable to fight or stop Sampson, who had sex with her, the report said. The victim said when she did wake up, Sampson took her home and she then went to the hospital where police were called.
This story was originally published November 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM with the headline "Two more teens charged in connection with Myrtle Beach man’s shooting death."