Police investigating stabbing incident on Cedar Street
A 31-year-old man was stabbed the night of June 15 after a fight broke out between him and another man at a Cedar Street apartment complex, according to a police report that recently was released online after technical issues with the Myrtle Beach Police Department website.
Myrtle Beach police were called about 12:35 a.m. Thursday after getting reports of a stabbing incident at Carolina Oaks, according to a police report.
Officers found a cluster of people gathered around a man, who was holding his side. The man told police he got into an argument with another man that escalated into a physical fight.
The victim told police he started getting the better of the suspect during the fight, and that’s when the man pulled out a knife and stabbed him multiple times, a report says.
The suspect fled and was last seen running toward the Carolina Breeze Apartments, police said.
The victim had cuts on his right wrist and left abdominal area and was taken to Grand Strand Medical Center for treatment. Police noted that witnesses confirmed the victim’s statement.
Interim Chief Amy Prock mentioned the stabbing incident during a specially called Myrtle Beach City Council meeting while providing details about multiple shootings that occurred over the weekend. She said that witnesses at the scene of the stabbing had been uncooperative with police.
Lt. Joey Crosby said Wednesday that officers were still investigating the incident.
This story was originally published June 21, 2017 at 5:03 PM with the headline "Police investigating stabbing incident on Cedar Street."