Man who fled before hurricane came back to burglarized home, police report says
Jewelry, electronics, and candles were all missing from a 36-year-old man’s Myrtle Beach apartment home when he returned after evacuating before Hurricane Matthew, according to a police report.
Officers were called about 1:30 a.m. Monday to an apartment on the 1500 block of Coastal Lane in Myrtle Beach.
The victim told police he left Thursday night ahead of the storm and when he returned early Monday morning, he noticed someone had been in his home.
He showed police a window that he said was open when he came inside, and his girlfriend said she remembered locking the window before leaving the home, according to the report.
Police said the window was not forced open and the locked on the window was not broken.
Items reported missing were: car speakers, valued at $145, a gold bracelet, valued at $350, a gold necklace valued at $800, a gold watch, valued at $400, and a box of candles, valued at $10, the report states, the report says.
This story was originally published October 11, 2016 at 10:35 AM with the headline "Man who fled before hurricane came back to burglarized home, police report says."