Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
Smoking Cessation series | 6-7:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, Tidelands Health Conference Center. 843-520-8490
▪ Waccamaw Regional Family Caregiver | 1-2 p.m. last Wednesday, Belin United Methodist Church Family Life Center, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 843-436-6144
Grief Shared is Grief Relieved | 2-3:30 p.m. April 4, Chick-fil-A, U.S. 17, Murrells Inlet. 843-444-0813
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Wal-Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, The Fitness Zone of NMB, 304 Highway 90 E, Unit C-2 Little River
11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders, Coastal Grand mall, 2000 Coastal Grand Circle, #520, Myrtle Beach
2 -7 p.m. Thursday, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, E. Craig Wall, Jr. School of Business, 119 Chanticleer Drive E., Conway
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, St. James Catholic Church, 1071 Academy Drive, Conway
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 4, E. Craig Wall Building, U.S. 501 W., Conway
1 - 6 p.m. April 4, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 5, D.R. Horton, 4070 Belle Terre Blvd., Myrtle Beach
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 6, Georgetown County, Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown
12:30 - 5:30 p.m. April 6, St. Stephens Episcopal Church, 801 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. April 5, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-450-5620
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or email@example.com
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, CMC nursing classroom. 843-347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Offers low cost cholesterol and A1C screenings daily. 843-692-4444
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays through April 6, meeting room B, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make a reservation
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 843-692-4444
Prime of life yoga classes | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8. 843-692-4444
Hatha yoga classes | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8. 843-692-4444
Seminar: Heel Pain and Treatment | 6-7 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for 11-14 year olds | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, HealthFinders. $35 and includes a book bag and materials. 843-692-4444
Grief workshop focuses on writing to heal | 3-4:30 p.m. April 21, Mercy Care office, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-234-6271 to register.
Mercy Care offers free camp for kids coping with loss | 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. April 30, Camp Happy Hearts, Christ United Methodist Church, 2901 Fantasy Way, Myrtle Beach. 842-331-2212 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 843-448-3180 or 843-448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 843-488-9971
▪ Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com
▪ Adult Survivors’ | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, 1551 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-448-3180
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Sundays, 48th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach. Call for directions, 843-602-4380 or 843-602-3171
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday, meeting room A, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make reservation
Transplant | 1:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. www.mcleodhealth.org
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620
Celebrate National Nutrition Month | 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Kingston Lake Business Center, 3410 Church St., Loris. Free.
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting
▪ Ostomy | 2-4 p.m. first Sunday of the month, April, May, June, Oct. and Nov., cafeteria, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 518-821-7675 or 843-430-1474.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.