‘Military Appreciation Days’ continue Monday
Memorial Day festivities continue Monday. More information can be found at 843-918-1014 or www.militaryappreciationdays.com:
▪ Memorial Day Veterans March with Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association, 9 a.m., south on Myrtle Beach’s Ocean Boulevard between 16th and Ninth avenues North, with brief ceremony at former Pavilion site.
▪ Memorial Day ceremony, with Grand Strand Patriotic Alliance, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center Plaza, on Oak Street at 21st Avenue North – Festive Brass of Myrtle Beach also will perform at 10:30 a.m.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
▪ Sixth annual “Myrtle Beach Memorial Day Tribute,” 2 p.m., including “Patriot Dream: The Story of the Pilgrims” film, at Grand 14 Cinema, at The Market Common. Free.
▪ 10:30 a.m. with Little River Elks Lodge 2840 and other groups, at North Myrtle Beach Memorial Gardens, 65 E. S.C. 90, Little River, at U.S. 17, S.C. 9 and Nixon Crossroads. 843-249-2932.
▪ 11 a.m. with Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 925 Grand Strand, at Old Horry County Courthouse, 1201 Third Ave., Conway. 843-492-0005 or www.vva925.org.
▪ Noon at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, 4359 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet, with Betty J. Hilliard, S.C. State VFW Commander, as guest speaker; Battle Cross ceremony by Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association; and music by Pawleys Island Concert Band. 843-651-6900.
▪ 2:30 p.m. at Surfside Beach Veterans Memorial, in Passive Park, at Surfside and Willow drives, by Horry County Memorial Library branch. 843-650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
Sun Fun Festival returns this weekend
The Sun Fun Festival will take place this Friday through Sunday in Plyler Park and surrounding areas.
Admission is free.
The event will include live music, a parade, a sandcastle building contest, beach bingo, bocce ball, face painting, balloon animals, kids’ activities, photo booths, free shag lessons and more. Go to http://www.sunfunmb.com/schedule/ for the schedule.
Native Sun Salt Games on the beach this weekend
On Saturday and Sunday, the Native Sons Salt Games will be held at the old Pavilion site and on the beach.
Admission is free for spectators; there are some fees if you want to participate in the games. This event includes 15 competitions, live entertainment, games, food vendors, beer trucks and more. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Paddle for the Pets Boat Race slated for Saturday
Barefoot Landing is holding its annual Paddle for the Pets Boat Race Festival to benefit the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free.
This event includes a build your own boat race, food vendors, live music, a furry fashion show, kids’ activities and more.