Local

Update: Conway house fire leaves one person dead, closes roadway. Victim named

Crews responded to a house fire early Sunday morning, which left one person dead.

Christopher Oliver, 51, died in his home on Oak Street from injuries he sustained in the fire, according to an email from Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard.

The 2000 block of Oak Street between Medlin Parkway and Cultra Road was closed to traffic after City of Conway Fire Department was dispatched at 7:30 a.m. to a structure fire, according to a Facebook post.

At 8:20 a.m., the fire had been reported as contained, but one person received “life-threatening” injuries, the report said.

Horry County Fire Rescue said on Facebook that the residence sustained heavy fire damage.

The cause of the fire is under investigation, the post said.

This story was originally published December 14, 2025 at 10:49 AM.

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER