‘Violent collision’ at Myrtle Beach go-kart track caused by reckless boy, suit says
A North Carolina woman was injured after an underage boy was allowed to drive recklessly at a Myrtle Beach go-kart track, causing a “violent collision,” she claims in a lawsuit.
The lawsuit, filed on Oct. 15, 2025, in Horry County, asserts that the woman, Bonnie Reeves, was a guest at The Track in Myrtle Beach on June 22, 2025, when the collision occurred. While driving on the go-kart track, a “young, underaged” boy hit her vehicle with his at full speed, sending her head crashing into the headrest, and her knee into the steering wheel, the lawsuit claims.
The lawsuit goes on to assert that the woman felt “immediate and intense pain.”
The Track did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Wednesday afternoon.
The Track has six locations throughout the southeastern U.S. Its Myrtle Beach location is located at 9589 N. Kings Highway and is a popular tourist attraction.
The boy who struck Reeves’ vehicle had already been reported to a supervisor after striking her daughter’s vehicle head-on, injuring her head as well, the lawsuit claims.
Because of the incident, Reeves was severely injured, she claims in the lawsuit. The injuries to her head and knee have caused medical bills and loss of wages, and will continue to cause discomfort, according to the lawsuit.
The lawsuit against The Track claims that the business was negligent in allowing the young boy to drive recklessly and not pulling him off the track after he had been witnessed driving recklessly. The staff failed to monitor the drivers on the track and enforce rules when they drove recklessly, the lawsuit says.