NC woman allegedly killed coworker in North Myrtle Beach. What to know before murder trial
A former Nacho Hippo employee is set to be tried for murder the second week of January.
In 2022, North Myrtle Beach Police arrested Lafredia Todd on charges of murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime after she allegedly killed Quentin Johnson. Jury selection is expected to begin Jan. 6, said Lou Ann Best with the Horry County Solicitor’s Office.
Here’s what to know before Todd’s murder trial begin.
How did Todd know Johnson?
Before Johnson died, the pair worked together at Nacho Hippo, 850 North Beach Blvd., near Barefoot Landing. North Myrtle Beach Police were called to the restaurant on July 28, 2022 and found a gunshot victim, The Sun News previously reported.
Johnson was brought to the hospital where he died on July 31. Todd was charged on July 29 after she confessed what happened to police, according to The Sun News.
Todd lived in Tabor City, North Carolina while Johnson lived in Loris.
What happened when police arrived at Nacho Hippo?
On July 28, Todd called 911 and told dispatch she had just shot a man and was located behind the nearby Cracker Barrel. She told police where the gun she used was.
North Myrtle Beach Police brought her to the station where Todd made “several incriminating statements,” the police report said. She was then arrested for attempted murder, which was increased to murder charge after Johnson died.
Where is Todd now?
After being arrested in July 2022, Todd was initially denied bond. In January 2023, court records show a judge set a $50,000 bond —$25,000 per charge.
Todd paid the bond on Jan. 18 and has been out of jail since.
Who was Johnson?
Johnson was a father of two who was born in Conway and lived in Loris at the time of his death, according to his obituary. He attended Horry County Schools and was a skilled basketball player.
He left behind his children, girlfriend and several siblings.