Improperly extinguished burning trash was determined to be the cause of an early-morning structure fire that occurred Wednesday in North Myrtle Beach, and no injuries were reported, according to Keith Williams, fire marshal with North Myrtle Beach Fire and Rescue.
Williams said someone burning trash earlier Tuesday evening did not extinguish the blaze properly, and the waste continued to smolder through the night and eventually reignited.
NMBFR firefighters were called about 1 a.m. Wednesday to a home on the 4700 block of Little River Neck Road, which was shut down while crews worked, and found a storage shed very close to a home and wooded area to be fully involved.
Williams said the home near the shed suffered minor heat damage.
The firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control using a blitz attack by first-arriving crews, and Horry County Fire Rescue workers also assisted in putting out the fire.
There were two residents at the home, and both were out when rescue workers arrived, Williams said.
Contact ELIZABETH TOWNSEND at 626-0217 or on Twitter @TSN_etownsend.