An evacuation order has not been called for Horry County, yet emergency officials are asking residents to start preparing for the possibility of a strike from Hurricane Florence.
It seems residents along the Carolina coast are listening because inland hotels are booking up ahead of the storm that could be a Category 4 before landfall.
Hurricane Florence is predicted to hit somewhere in the Carolinas early Friday morning. The path still could change.
As of 7:30 p.m. Sunday night, bookings.com was showing the booking percentage for the following locations:
- Columbia — 86 percent booked
- Macon, Ga. — 67 percent booked
- Augusta, Ga. — 80 percent booked
- Asheville, N.C. — 84 percent booked
- Atlanta, Ga. — 34 percent booked
The bookings are for Wednesday through Saturday.