Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
▪ Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 843-655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
▪ Grief | 10:30-noon first and third Wednesday, Burroughs Funeral Home, 3558 Old Kings Highway, Murrells Inlet. Free. 843-979-0304
▪ The Better Breathers Club | 1-2:30 p.m. third Friday, first-floor classroom, Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 2 - 7 p.m. Monday, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Edward Jones Investment, 412 Main St., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 7 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Horry County Solid Waste Authority, 1886 S.C. 90, Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1301 Second Ave., Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, VA Clinic, 1101 Johnson Ave., Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, HealthFinders, Coastal Grand Mall, Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Conway Medical Center, Administrative Building, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Wal-Mart, 2709-A Church St., Conway
▪ 1:30 - 6:30 p.m. June 21, Langston Baptist Church, 763 S.C. 905, Conway
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon Wednesday, CMC auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 843-347-8108
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. July 5, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 843-347-8108
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-450-5620
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or email@example.com
▪ Breast Cancer | 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive. 843-234-7309
▪ Weight Loss | 6:30 p.m. June 21, CMC auditorium. 843-234-6686
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. June 27, CMC nursing classroom. 843-347-8108
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, HealthFinders. Offers low cost cholesterol and A1C screenings daily. 843-692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 843-692-4444
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 843-692-4444
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 2-3 p.m. Sunday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 843-692-4444
Obstetrics tour | 3:30 – 4 p.m. Sunday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 843-692-4444
Grand Strand Health sponsors Asthma and Diabetes camp | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 21-24, HealthFinders. $25; includes meals and all field trips and activities for children ages 7-12 who have asthma or diabetes. Scholarships are available. 843-839-9933
Seminar: Weight Loss Surgery | 6-7 p.m. June 27, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
Seminar: Skin Cancers of the Feet | 6-7 p.m. June 28, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
Art Therapy class for adults | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 29, HealthFinders. Free. 843-692-4444
Medicare 101: Navigating The Maze | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 29, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-436-6252 to register.
Heartsaver CPR AED class | 2-5 p.m. June 30, HealthFinders. $35 includes book. 843-692-4444 to register.
Summer Safe Sitter Babysitting classes for 11-14 year olds | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 18, Aug. 4, or Aug. 11, HealthFinders. $35 includes book bag and materials. 843-692-4444 to register.
Prime of life yoga classes | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8. 843-692-4444
Hatha yoga classes | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8. 843-692-4444
▪ Survivors of Suicide Loss | 6 p.m. third Monday, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free. 336-707-0022
▪ Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday. 843-997-1671 for location
▪ Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday, Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 843-685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday, meeting room A, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make reservation
▪ ARC | 5:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Cushing’s | 1 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Stroke | 2 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Transplant | 1:30-3:30 p.m. June 27, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30-2:30 p.m. June 28, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6-7:30 p.m. June 28, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
Breastfeeding Basics class | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Noah’s Ark Baby Shop, 1419 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach, $35 includes registration for expecting mother and one support person. 843-582-5478 or email@example.com to reserve your space.
NAMI Family Support | 6-8 p.m. July 7, room D, parish activity center, Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 843-281-0245
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting
▪ Alzheimer’s Caregiver | 11 a.m. to noon second Tuesday, Loris Library, 4316 Main St. Free and open to the public. 843-655-7192
▪ Waccamaw Regional Family Caregiver | 1-2 p.m. third Tuesday, North Strand Senior Center, 2309 Watertower Road, Longs. 843-436-6144
▪ Parenting of Teens | 6-8 p.m. second and fourth Tuesday, the Brunswick County Courthouse, 310 Government Center Drive NE #1, Bolivia, N.C. Free. 910-253-4087 or email@example.com to pre-register.
▪ Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 843-399-7029
▪ Ostomy | 2-3:30 p.m. fourth Sunday, first-floor conference room, Brunswick Medical Center, 240 Hospital Drive, Bolivia, N.C. 910-721-2018.
Mom-to-Mom Breastfeeding Connection | 10-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Library, 910 First Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach 843-582-5478 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.