Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
▪ Grief | 10:30-noon first and third Wednesday, Burroughs Funeral Home, 3558 Old Kings Highway, Murrells Inlet. Free. 843-979-0304
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Kensington Elementary School, 86 Kensington Blvd., Georgetown
▪ 2 - 7 p.m. Thursday, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday,, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Inlet Square Mall, 10125 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 7, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach
▪ Noon to 6 p.m. June 7, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N., and Jordan Road, North Myrtle Beach
▪ 1-6 p.m. June 9, Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 10, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 N. Oak St.,
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Seminar: Spine | Noon Friday, CMC auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 843-347-8108
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. June 7, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 843-347-8108
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-450-5620
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or email@example.com
▪ Breast Cancer | 5:30 p.m. June 14, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive. 843-234-7309
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, HealthFinders. Offers low cost cholesterol and A1C screenings daily. 843-692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 843-692-4444
AARP Smart Driver course | 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. June 6, HealthFinders. $20; $15 for AARP members. 843-692-4444.
Grand Strand Health sponsors Asthma and Diabetes camp | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 21-24, HealthFinders. $25; includes meals and all field trips and activities for children ages 7-12 who have asthma or diabetes. Scholarships are available. 843-839-9933.
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 843-448-3180 or 843-448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 843-488-9971
▪ Addiction counseling | Narconon Arrowhead. Call for free assessments or referrals, 800-468-6933 or www.narcononarrow- head.org
▪ Adult Survivors’ | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, 1551 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-448-3180
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Sundays, 48th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach. Call for directions, 843-602-4380 or 843-602-3171
▪ Living with Kidney Disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.fresenius kidneycare.com
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday, meeting room A, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make reservation
▪ Spinal Cord Injury | 6-7 p.m. June 1, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ LaLeche Breastfeeding | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 8, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
Breastfeeding Basics class | 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 16, Noah's Ark Baby Shop, 1419 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach, $35 includes registration for expecting mother and one support person. 843-582-5478 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting
▪ Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 843-663-0770
▪ Alzheimer’s Caregiver | 11 a.m. to noon second Tuesday, Loris Library, 4316 Main St. Free and open to the public. 843-655-7192
▪ Parenting of Teens | 6-8 p.m. second and fourth Tuesday, the Brunswick County Courthouse, 310 Government Center Drive NE #1, Bolivia, N.C. Free. 910-253-4087 or firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register.
▪ NAMI Family | 6-8 p.m. first Thursday, Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 843-281-0245
▪ Ostomy | 2-4 p.m. first Sunday of April, May, June, Oct. and Nov., cafeteria, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 518-821-7675 or 843-430-1474.
Mom-to-Mom Breastfeeding Connection | 10-11:30 a.m. June 15, North Myrtle Beach Library, 910 First Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach 843-582-5478 or email@example.com
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.