Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 843-655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
▪ Waccamaw Regional Family Caregiver | 1-2 p.m. last Wednesday, Belin United Methodist Church Family Life Center, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 843-436-6144
▪ Grief | 10:30-noon first and third Wednesday, Burroughs Funeral Home, 3558 Old Kings Highway, Murrells Inlet. Free. 843-979-0304
▪ The Better Breathers Club | 1-2:30 p.m. third Friday, first-floor classroom, Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Belin United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Ocean Lakes Recreation Center, 6001 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Horry County Public Safety, 2560 Main St., Suite #4, Conway
12:30 - 6:30 p.m. Thursday, McLeod Loris, 3655 Mitchell St., Loris
11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, North Myrtle Beach Middle School, 11240 Highway 90 Little River
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatics and Fitness Center, 1100 Second Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Wal-Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 25, Santee Cooper - Grand Strand, 305A Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach
11 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 27, Palmetto Pointe Apartments, 3919 Carnegie Ave., Myrtle Beach
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Seminar: Osteoporosis | 5 p.m. Monday, CMC auditorium. Free. 843-347-8108
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon Wednesday, CMC auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 843-347-8108
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Seminar: Spine | Noon June 3, CMC auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 843-347-8108
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-450-5620
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or email@example.com
▪ Weight Loss | 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC auditorium. 843-234-6686
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. May 23, CMC Nursing classroom. 843-347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Offers low cost cholesterol and A1C screenings daily. 843-692-4444
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 843-692-4444
Art Therapy class for adults | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 25, HealthFinders. Free. 843-692-4444 to register.
▪ Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 800-468-6933 or www.narcononarrow- head.org
▪ Survivors of Suicide Loss | 6 p.m. third Monday, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free. 336-707-0022
▪ Adult Survivors’ | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, 1551 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-448-3180
▪ Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday. 843-997-1671 for location
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Sundays, 48th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach. Call for directions, 843-602-4380 or 843-602-3171
▪ Living with Kidney Disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.fresenius kidneycare.com
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday, meeting room A, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make reservation
▪ ARC | 1:30-2:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Transplant | 1:30-3:30 p.m. May 23, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. www.mcleodhealth.org
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting
▪ Parenting of Teens | 6-8 p.m. second and fourth Tuesday, the Brunswick County Courthouse, 310 Government Center Drive NE #1, Bolivia, N.C. Free. 910-253-4087 or email@example.com to pre-register.
▪ Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 843-399-7029
▪ NAMI Family | 6-8 p.m. first Thursday, Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 843-281-0245
▪ Ostomy | 2-3:30 p.m. fourth Sunday, first-floor conference room, Brunswick Medical Center, 240 Hospital Drive, Bolivia, N.C. 910-721-2018.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.