Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple, $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
Breastfeeding class | 9-11 a.m. Saturday, education building, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care class | noon-2 p.m. Saturday, education building, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Sibling Preparation class | 3-4:30 p.m. Saturday, education building, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, first-floor conference room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Stroke | 3 p.m. Wednesday fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
▪ Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 2-7 p.m. Monday, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road Myrtle Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Lowe's, 2301 U.S. 501 E., Conway
▪ 1-6 p.m. Tuesday, Anchor Baptist Church, 3300 Highway 50, Little River
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, City Services Building, 921 N. Oak St., Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Lowe's, 214 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 2-7 p.m. Thursday St. Peter's Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Lowe's, 8672 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Myrtle Beach
▪ 1-6 p.m. July 27, Trinity Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
▪ 2-7 p.m. July 27, Georgetown First Assembly of God, 331 Saint James St., Georgetown
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 28, HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 237-2205
▪ 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Willbrook Service Center, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Pawleys Island
▪ 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Grand Strand YMCA, 5000 Claire Chapin Epps Drive, Myrtle Beach
▪ 1:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Strand Assembly of God, 3507 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Wakeup Call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday CMC Wellness and Fitness center. Members- $80 and Community- $120. 347-1515
Safe Sitter class for ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Administrative Services Auditorium. $50. 234-5019.
South Carolina Witness Project Witness Training | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, CMC Administrative Services Building Auditorium and Saturday, Bethel AME Church, 7113 S.C. 908, Britton’s Neck. 347-5895.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Mobile health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ Wednesday, B & B Midland Grocery, 3046 Nichols Highway, Galivants Ferry
▪ Thursday, Conway Burroughs, 1204 12th Ave., Conway
▪ July 28, Rick’s Bait and Tackle, 1609 Fourth Ave., Conway
▪ July 29, Sugar Bears, 5282 S.C. 9, Green Sea
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, CMC Nursing Classroom. 347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Safe Sitter Babysitting classes for ages 11-14 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 29, HealthFinders. $35 and includes a book bag and materials. 692-4444
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 692-4444
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444
Seminar: Have Diabetes? Keep Your Feet Healthy | 6-7 p.m. July 27, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Mercy Care offers grief program | 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays, Aug. 4-Sept. 8, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court in Myrtle Beach. Free. 234-6271; www.mercyhospice.org
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
▪ DivorceCare | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
▪ ARC | 5:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Transplant | 2 p.m. July 27, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Diabetes | 3 p.m. July 28, HealthFinders, 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. Friday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 to schedule an appointment.
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, McLeod Seacoast Auxiliary Room, Suite 265.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.