Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490.
Community Health BLS-CPR | 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, education building, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, education building, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. July 20, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. July 23, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple, $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
▪ Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848
▪ Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171
▪ Cancer | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, education building, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062
▪ Amputee | 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415
▪ Better Breathers | 1-2:30 p.m. third Friday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1624
▪ Stroke | 3 p.m. July 22, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
▪ Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. July 23, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 1-6 p.m. Monday, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River
▪ 1-6 p.m. Tuesday, Carolina Forest Library and Recreation Center, 2254 Carolina Forest Blvd., Myrtle Beach
▪ Noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders, 2000 Coastal Grand Circle, Myrtle Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Horry Georgetown Technical College, 2050 U.S. 501 E., Conway
▪ 12:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, McLeod Loris, 3655 Mitchell St. Loris
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Lowe's, 1160 Seaboard St., Seaboard Commons, Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Coastal Carolina Association of Realtors, 951 Shine Ave., Myrtle Beach
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Spring Branch Baptist Church, 6710 Church Loop St., Nichols
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, St. Michael's Catholic Church, 572 Cypress Ave., Murrells Inlet
▪ 2 - 7 p.m. July 20, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road Myrtle Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 21, Lowe's Conway, 2301 U.S. 501 E., Conway
▪ 1-6 p.m. July 21, Anchor Baptist Church, 3300 Highway 50 Little River
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Heartsaver® CPR AED class | 1 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Auditorium. $45. 234-5019
Seminar: Weight Loss Surgery | 6 p.m. Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Wakeup Call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through July 23. CMC Wellness and Fitness center. Members- $80 and Community- $120. 347-1515
Seminar: Shoulder Pain and Treatment Options | Noon Wednesday, CMC Auditorium. Lunch served. 347-8108
Safe Sitter® class for ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 21, CMC Administrative Services Auditorium. $50. 234-5019.
South Carolina Witness Project Witness Training | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 24, CMC Administrative Services Building Auditorium and July 25, Bethel AME Church, 7113 S.C. 908, Britton’s Neck. 347-5895.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.July 25, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Mobile health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ Friday, Dog Bluff Handy Mart, 1810 Jordanville Road, Galivants Ferry
▪ July 22, B & B Midland Grocery, 3046 Nichols Highway, Galivants Ferry
▪ July 23, Conway Burroughs, 1204 12th Ave., Conway
▪ July 28, Rick’s Bait and Tackle, 1609 Fourth Ave., Conway
▪ July 29, Sugar Bears, 5282 S.C. 9, Green Sea
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083
▪ Breast Cancer | 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive, Conway. 234-7309
▪ Weight Loss | 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. July 27, 6 p.m. CMC Nursing Classroom. 347-8013
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444
Safe Sitter Babysitting classes for ages 11-14 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and July 29, HealthFinders. $35 and includes a book bag and materials. 692-4444
Advanced Care Directives | 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
Medicare 101 class | 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Grand Strand Senior Center. Free. 436-6252 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 1-4 p.m. July 25, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 692-4444
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. July 25, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
▪ Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 685-3378 or email@example.com
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
▪ DivorceCare | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
▪ Cushing’s | 1 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Stroke | 2 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ RC | 5:30 p.m. July 20, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30 p.m. , July 21, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. July 21, HealthFinders, 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. Fridays through July 24, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111.
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday of each month, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
▪ Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.