Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Healthy You Day | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 11, East Bay Park, Georgetown. Vendor spaces are $25 each. Proceeds benefit the Georgetown Diabetes C.O.R.E. Group community outreach and education programs. 520-1957 ext. 114 or 520-1957.
▪ Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171
▪ Grief | 10:30 a.m. to noon first Wednesday of every month, Waccamaw Neck Library. 979-0304.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Santee Cooper - Grand Strand, 305A Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, The Sun News, 914 Frontage Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ Noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N. and Jordan Road, North Myrtle Beach
▪ 2-7 p.m. Wednesday, Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass, Surfside Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Wal- Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 8, Ripley's Aquarium, 1110 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 9, McLeod Seacoast Medical Center, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Mobile health services | Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ 7:30-9:30 a.m. Monday, Mt. Olive AME, 1108 Carver St. Myrtle Beach,
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Seminar: Got Foot Pain? Ask a Podiatrist | 6-7 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. $10. 692-4444
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 11, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444 to register.
Medicare 101 class | 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 16, Grand Strand Senior Center. Free. 436-6252 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 18, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. July 18, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 1-4 p.m. July 25, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 692-4444
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. July 25, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ DivorceCare | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
▪ Transplant | 2 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Diabetes | 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ La Leche Breastfeeding | 10:30 a.m. July 8, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Cushing’s | 1 p.m. July 14, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Stroke | 2 p.m. July 14, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111.
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.