Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Healthy You Day | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 11, East Bay Park, Georgetown. Vendor spaces are $25 each. Proceeds benefit the Georgetown Diabetes C.O.R.E. Group community outreach and education programs. 520-1957 ext. 114 or 520-1957.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Pirateland Family Camping Resort, 5401 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Public Safety, 2560 Main St., Suite #4, Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 30, Santee Cooper - Grand Strand, 305A Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 30, The Sun News, 914 Frontage Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ Noon to 6 p.m. June 30, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N. and Jordan Road, North Myrtle Beach
▪ 2-7 p.m. July 1, Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass, Surfside Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 2, Wal- Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 8, Ripley's Aquarium, 1110 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 9, McLeod Seacoast Medical Center, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Safe Sitter® class for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $50. 234-5019
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Mobile health services | Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ 8-10 a.m. Thursday, Gate Bay Apartments, 1300 Creel St., #30-C, Conway,
▪ 9-11 a.m. Friday, IGA, 715 S. Main St., Aynor,
▪ 7:30-9:30 a.m. June 29, Mt. Olive AME, 1108 Carver St. Myrtle Beach,
▪ Alateen | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416.
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, CMC nursing classroom. 347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000
Mercy Care hosts caregivers and coffee meetings | 2-3 p.m. third Tuesday of each month,Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 315-4249 or email@example.com.
Camp Air Waves for children with asthma and Camp Seven Seas for children with diabetes | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, HealthFinders. The camps are for ages 7 – 12. $25 a day; includes meals and all field trips and activities. 839-9933.
Seminar: Got Foot Pain? Ask a Podiatrist | 6-7 p.m. June 29, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. June 30, HealthFinders. $10. 692-4444
Medicare 101 class | 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 16, Grand Strand Senior Center. Free. 436-6252 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
▪ Transplant | 2 p.m. June 29, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Diabetes | 3 p.m. June 30, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Center for Health and Fitness, Loris
Safe Sitter class for ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. Friday, McLeod Seacoast, Suite 245. 390-8327.
▪ Diabetes | 10 a.m. Friday, Seacoast Café
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.