Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1301 Second Ave., Conway
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, Olin B. Blanton Building, 1201 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, HealthFinders, 2000 Coastal Grand Circle, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 23, Pirateland Family Camping Resort, 5401 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 24, Horry County Public Safety, 2560 Main St., Suite #4, Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 26, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 30, Santee Cooper - Grand Strand, 305A Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 30, The Sun News, 914 Frontage Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ Noon to 6 p.m. June 30, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N. and Jordan Road, North Myrtle Beach
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
AARP Smart Driver class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.Tuesday, Conway Medical Center auditorium. $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. 347-8108
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon Wednesday, Conway Medical Center auditorium. Complimentary lunch will be served. Free. 347-8108
Safe Sitter® class for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 23, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $50. 234-5019
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 27, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Mobile health services | Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ 7:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Lance’s Exxon, 10088 S.C. 707, Myrtle Beach
▪ 7:30-9:30 a.m. Thursday, First United Methodist, 901 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach,
▪ 7:30-9:30 a.m. Friday, Dollar General, 2899 Lees Landing Circle, Conway,
▪ 8-10 a.m. June 25, Gate Bay Apartments, 1300 Creel St., #30-C, Conway,
▪ 9-11 a.m. June 26, IGA, 715 S. Main St., Aynor,
▪ 7:30-9:30 a.m. June 29, Mt. Olive AME, 1108 Carver St. Myrtle Beach,
▪ Alateen | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416.
▪ Weight Loss | 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686
▪ A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders | 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 234-5166
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. June 22, CMC nursing classroom. 347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000
Mercy Care hosts caregivers and coffee meetings | 2-3 p.m. third Tuesday of each month,Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 315-4249 or email@example.com.
Heartsaver CPR AED class | 2-5 p.m. Wednesday, HeathFinders. $35 includes book and certification. 692-4444
Art Therapy class | 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday,HealthFinders. Adults only. 692-4444
Tasks of Grieving workshop | 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 234-6271, leave your name, phone number and indicate the specific program you wish to attend. Sessions are free; donations are appreciated.
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 692-4444
Camp Air Waves for children with asthma and Camp Seven Seas for children with diabetes | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 23 – 26, HealthFinders. The camps are for ages 7 – 12. $25 a day; includes meals and all field trips and activities. 839-9933.
Seminar: Got Foot Pain? Ask a Podiatrist | 6-7 p.m. June 29, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. June 30, HealthFinders. $10. 692-4444
▪ ARC | 5:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Transplant | 2 p.m. June 29, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Diabetes | 3 p.m. June 30, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Hearth health management class - Diabetes Glucose | 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, McLeod Seacoast Auxiliary Room, Suite 265. 390-8325
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 25, Center for Health and Fitness, Loris
Safe Sitter class for ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. June 26, McLeod Seacoast, Suite 245. 390-8327.
▪ Diabetes | 10 a.m. June 26, Seacoast Café
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.