Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Begin the conversation clinic | 9-10 a.m. first Monday of each month, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 542 Cypress Ave., Garden City Beach. 848-6496; email@example.com.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
▪ Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848
▪ Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171
▪ Better Breathers | 1-2:30 p.m. third Friday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1624
▪ Grief | 10:30 a.m. to noon first Wednesday of every month, Waccamaw Neck Library. 979-0304.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday, Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church, 88 Baskervill Drive, Pawleys Island
▪ 2-7 p.m. Tuesday, The Father's House, 4513 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Frontier Communications, 919 Lumber St., Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Golf Academy, 1900 Joe White Ave., Myrtle Beach
▪ 1-6 p.m. Thursday, Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Inlet Square Mall, 10125 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet
▪ 2-7 p.m. June 8, First Baptist Church of Andrews, 6 N. Rosemary St., Andrews
▪ 7 a.m. to noon June 9, Horry County Solid Waste Authority, 1886 S.C. 90, Conway
▪ 2-7 p.m. June 9, Langston Baptist Church, 763 S.C. 905, Conway
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Swim lessons | Days and times vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. June 9, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108
Seminar: Spine | 11 a.m. June 10, Conway Medical Center auditorium. Complimentary meal will be served. 347-8108
AARP Smart Driver class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 16, Conway Medical Center auditorium. $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. 347-8108
Seminar: Joint Replacement | Noon June 17, Conway Medical Center auditorium. Complimentary lunch will be served. Free. 347-8108
Wakeup Call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday through June 25, Conway Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members and $120 community. 347-1515
Siblings Against Violence | Have you, your family or someone you know been affected by a violent offense? Looking for guidance, contact S.A.V., P.O. Box 1062, Conway, S.C. 29528 or email@example.com.
Mobile health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ Wednesday, Ocean Fish Market, 302 Kingston St., Conway
▪ Thursday, Hardee Manufacturing, 4895 Red Bluff Road, Loris
▪ June 9, Griffin’s IGA, 8729 S.C. 90, Longs
▪ June 16, Lance’s Exxon, 10088 S.C. 707, Myrtle Beach
▪ Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Alateen | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416.
▪ Breast Cancer | 5:30 p.m. June 9, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive. 234-7309
▪ Weight Loss | 6:30 p.m. June 16, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686
▪ A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders | 5:30 p.m. June 16, Conway Medical Center. 234-5166
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $10 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
Heart health profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make a reservation.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444
AARP Smart Driver course | 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. $15 for AARP members, $20 nonmembers. 692-4444
Seminar: Erectile Dysfunction | 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday,HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for 11-13 year olds | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 9, HealthFinders. $35 includes book bag and materials. 692-4444
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 13, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. June 13, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Mercy Care hosts caregivers and coffee meetings | 2-3 p.m. June 16, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 315-4249 or email@example.com.
Heartsaver CPR AED class | 2-5 p.m. June 17, HeathFinders. $35 includes book and certification. 692-4444
Art Therapy class | 10 a.m. to noon June 17, HealthFinders. Adults only. 692-4444
Tasks of Grieving workshop | 3:30-5 p.m. June 18, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 234-6271, leave your name, phone number and indicate the specific program you wish to attend. Sessions are free; donations are appreciated.
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
▪ Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
▪ Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
▪ Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Survivors of Suicide Loss | 6-8 p.m. third Monday of each month, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 336-707-0022 or Lwhite42@sc.rr.com
▪ Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
▪ Myasthenia Gravis | 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
▪ DivorceCare | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
▪ Spinal Cord Injury | 6 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ La Leche Breastfeeding | 10:30 a.m. June 10, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Cushing’s | 1 p.m. June 10, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Stroke | 2 p.m. June 10, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ ARC | 5:30 p.m. June 15, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30-2:30 p.m. June 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6-7:30 p.m. June 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
▪ Zumba | 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Just Step | 6 p.m. Mondays and 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach Mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Hearth health management class | 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, Center for Health and Fitness auditorium. 390-8325
Safe kids car seat checks | 3-6 p.m. June 9, Kohl’s, U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 390-8325
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
▪ Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
▪ Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029
▪ Ostomy | 2-4 p.m. Sunday, McLeod Seacoast cafe. 390-8325
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.