Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Begin the conversation clinic | 9-10 a.m. first Monday of each month, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 542 Cypress Ave., Garden City Beach. 848-6496; email@example.com.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital and Tuesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Heartsaver BLS-CPR | 6-10 p.m. Wednesday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $30. 520-8490 to register.
Community Health BLS-CPR | 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Breastfeeding class | 9-11 a.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care class | Noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Sibling Preparation class | 3-4:30 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Breastfeeding class | 6-8 p.m. March 9, Wachesaw Conference Center. 529-8490.
Create Your Weight program | 30-minute sessions offered from March 12-April 30. Classes will meet at 5 p.m., first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital and noon second-floor training room, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $75. 520-8288 to sign up.
Sports injury screenings for teens and children 8 years and older | 8-10 a.m. March 14 and May 16, Georgetown NextStep Rehabilitation Services, 219 Church St. and April 18, Waccamaw Orthopaedics and Spine, 4040 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite 101, Murrells Inlet. Free. 652-8160.
• Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
• Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, open share meeting and 8:30-9:30 p.m. alternate Thursdays, step study meeting, Inlet Oasis, 4450 U.S. 17 Bypass, Suite D-5, Murrells Inlet. 602-4380 or 602-3171
| 1-2:30 p.m. third Friday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1624
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. March 9, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062.
| 6-8 p.m. March 10, Georgetown Library, 405 Cleland St. 436-5900 or 325-9355
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatics and Fitness Center, 1100 Second Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach
• Noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Andrews Elementary, 13072 County Line Road, Andrews
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Conway City Hall, 1001 Third Ave., Conway
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday, Frontier Communications, 919 Lumber St., Myrtle Beach
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Carolina Forest High School, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson, 4710 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108
Swim lessons | Days and times vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108
Seminar: Shoulder Pain and Treatment Options | Noon March 4, CMC Auditorium. Lunch will be served. 347-8108
Seminar: Weight Loss Surgery | 6 p.m. March 10, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108
Community screening | 7-10 a.m. March 10, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. This blood draw is a complete metabolic panel PLUS lipid profile & TSH it includes; glucose & calcium, tests on various proteins & electrolytes, kidney function assessment, liver function assessment and total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides, $25 and hemoglobin testing, $15. Register by March 6. 234-5019 or 347-8068; email@example.com.
Lecture: Addiction and Recovery | 7 p.m. Thursday and March 12, Burroughs and Chapin Auditorium, Horry Georgetown Technical College, Conway. A free dinner served before each lecture at 6 p.m. in Café 1100 adjacent to the auditorium. 349-5378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminar: Neck and Back Pain and Relief Options | 6 p.m. March 19, CMC Auditorium. Meal will be served. 347-8108
CX60 with Calvin | 9-10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through March 25, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 Members and $120 Community. 347-1515
Wakeup Call with Calvin |5:15-6 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through March 26, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 Members and $120 Community. 347-1515
Siblings Against Violence | Have you, your family or someone you know been affected by a violent offense? Looking for guidance, contact S.A.V., P.O. Box 1062, Conway, SC 29528 or email@example.com.
Mobile health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Friday, The Cooper House, 6011 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach
• March 11, Juniper Bay Baptist Church, 5265 Juniper Bay Road, Conway
• March 17, Rick’s Bait and Tackle, 1609 Fourth Ave., Conway
• March 31, Dog Bluff Handy Mart, 1810 Jordanville Road, Galivants Ferry
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083
• Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, Serenity Hall, 2112 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
| 5:30 p.m. March 10, CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Drive. 234-7309
| 6:30 p.m. March 17, CMC Auditorium. 234-6686
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders
| 5:30 p.m. March 17, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. 234-5166
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $10 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444
Heart health profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000
Mercy Care offers grief program for adults | 3:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through March 17, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. Free. 234-6271 to register.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Grief educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make a reservation.
Seminar: Skin Cancer | 6-7 p.m. Thursday, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Caregivers Need Care | 10-11 a.m. Fridays through March 20, Heartland Hospice, The Founders Centre, 2400 N. Oak. St, Suite 108, Myrtle Beach. 444-0813
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444 to register.
Foot screenings | 6-7:30 p.m. March 9, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444 for an appointment.
Seminar: Weight Loss Surgery | 6-7 p.m. March 12, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. March 14, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. March 14, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Seminar: Chronic Sinusitis and Allergies | 6-7 p.m. March 18, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
Seminar: Low Testosterone | 6-7 p.m. March 23, HealthFinders. Free. 694-4444
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
• National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, cafe’ A, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or email@example.com
•Survivors of Suicide Loss
| 6-8 p.m. third Monday of each month, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 336-707-0022 or Lwhite42@sc.rr.com
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
| 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
•Nami-Grand Strand: Connections
| 5:30-7 p.m. third Tuesday, Chapin Library, 400 14th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free. 357-0068 or 312-203-3979. No meetings June, July and August.
| 6:45-8 p.m. fourth Tuesday, Surfside Methodist Church, 610 13th Ave. 734-6369, 234-1216 or 272-4052
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. March 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 1 p.m. March 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 2 p.m. March 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 6 p.m. March 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444
•Spinal Cord Injury
| 6 p.m. March 12, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-362- or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
• Zumba | 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Just Step | 6 p.m. Mondays and 5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Coping Together, for anyone affected by cancer, including patients, caregivers, survivors and family members | 6-7 p.m. first Monday monthly, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 997-9023, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Seminar: Total Joint Replacement | Noon March 10, auxiliary room, McLeod Seacoast. Free. Lunch served. 390-8327
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 28, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
| 6 p.m. Monday, auxiliary room, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
| 6-7 p.m. second Tuesday, Lakeside Baptist Church, 614 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 357-0068 or 312-203-3979.
| 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and March 18, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
| 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029
| 11 a.m. March 14, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327
| 10 a.m. March 27, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8327