Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing are two of the biggest tourist attractions in South Carolina, and the two plan to get even bigger in coming years.
Lifescapes International is an internationally recognized landscape architectural firm responsible for entertainment-driven landscape designs. They were selected to design the landscape environment for the redevelopment of Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing, according to a press release from the company.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Here are the 12 top changes to Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach in the coming year:
* Will include 45,000 square feet of new retail space
* A new restaurant district known as Dockside Village
* The addition of an amphitheater
* A new boardwalk on the south end of the property
* Adding more shaded patio space throughout Barefoot
* Playful updates to the kid’s zones
*Floating retail on the north end of the property
* A substantial water entertainment feature and show
* Brick pavers throughout the center to mimic the look of Charleston and enhance the property’s Southern charm and appeal.
* Designed breakouts on the floating bridge, which will allow guests even more areas to gather socially and take in views along the water’s edge for a water show
* Adding a programmable lawn area that will serve as added entertainment for guests by hosting concerts, and an ice skating rink during the holiday season.
Broadway at the Beach
- * Plans to incorporate recycled brick from New Orleans to give the property a nostalgic feel
* Update the water entertainment feature to allow for varied performances