Myrtle Beach International Airport shares holiday travel tips:
- Boarding Passes. Check in online in advance and print your boarding pass. TSA accepts mobile boarding passes, but having a printed pass can be helpful if a mobile device experiences power or connectivity issues
- Planning Ahead. Travelers should reconfirm airline flight status with their carrier, not the airport, as schedules may change due to weather or other factors
- Traveling With Children. At ticketing, if they are under the age of 12 and are planning to travel unaccompanied OR if your child is two years of age or younger and you are planning to have them travel on your lap or un-ticketed, you need to provide proof of age. A birth certificate is an
acceptable proof of age
- Packing. Review the TSA’s Top 5 Tips for travel and packing, which includes leaving holiday gifts unwrapped as they may need additional screening, here
- Prohibited Items. Remember that firearms, ammunition, and knives are prohibited at the TSA checkpoint. For a complete list of permitted and prohibited items, visit https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security‐screening/whatcanibring
- TSA Cares. Travelers or families of passengers with disabilities and medical conditions may call the TSA Cares helpline toll free at 1‐855‐787‐2227 with any questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint 72 hours prior to traveling or visit here.
- Airport. Arrive at the Airport a minimum of 120 minutes prior to departure.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News