Halloween is just a few days a way, and the “what to do” conversation can be quite daunting. With so many things going on for the holiday in the Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand areas it can be difficult to decide where to begin, so we’ve compiled a list of every Halloween event around, all in one place to make things a little bit easier.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
- Barefoot Landing – Tuesday, Oct 31 from 5 PM – 7 PM. Bring the kids to Trick or Treat from store to store at Barefoot Landing.
- Broadway at the Beach – Tuesday, Oct 31 from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM. Bring your little superheroes, ghosts and characters to Broadway at the Beach and trick-or-treat at your favorite Broadway spots.
- Conway – Tuesday, Oct 31 from 5 PM to 9 PM.
- Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk – Tuesday, Oct 31 from 5 PM – 10 PM. Costume contests for both kids and adults. The kids’ costume contest is up first with prizes for Most Creative, Best Group, Funniest, and Scariest for ages 3 and up. The adult costume contest begins with over $3,500 in cash and prizes. Compete for peoples’ choice, best duo/group, best individual, big & bulky, Murrells Inlet-themed and honorable mention. Ceremonies will be held at Bubba’s Love Shack at 10 PM.
- Myrtle Beach – Tuesday, Oct 31. No official times have been set.
- North Myrtle Beach – Howl-O-Scream (McLean Park), Saturday, Oct 28, 5 PM to 8 PM, Free
- Surfside Beach – Tuesday, Oct 31. No official times have been set.
The City of Myrtle Beach offers several safety tips to ensure that your Halloween festivities are enjoyable:
- Have a responsible adult accompany children.
- Only visit homes with porch lights on.
- Always cross streets at intersections and crosswalks.
- Wear reflective material on costumes.
- Use makeup instead of masks to improve vision.
- Make costumes short enough to avoid trip hazards.
- Use a flashlight to see and be seen.
- Inspect children’s candy before they eat it.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- REMINDER: State law prohibits anyone from driving a golf cart on public roads after daylight hours. Unlicensed drivers also are prohibited from driving golf carts on the street.
If you’re looking for costume ideas, check out this video for some inspiration!
- Dr. Scream’s Scream Park
For those on the north end, head over to Dr. Scream’s for a little scary fun!
The haunt is located at the House of Blues at Barefoot Landing and is open from 7 PM – 10 PM Sunday – Thursday, and 7 PM – midnight Friday and Saturdays. Admission price is $20.
The attraction features three haunts at one location; a haunted house, a haunted circus and a zombie apocalypse complete with an ambulance ride at the conclusion. All three are located at the House of Blues at Barefoot.
- Terror Under the Bridge
Get your friends together and head to “Terror Under the Bridge” to get those jump scares out of the way.
The haunted house is located at the X Gym, 568 George Bishop Pkwy. in Myrtle Beach and is open from 7 PM – 11 PM. Admission prices are $14 with fast passes available for $20.
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure – Laser Strike
Your survival depends on your skill. Get ready to suit up and enter Ripley’s NEW Haunted Live Action Adventure – LASER STRIKE.
Flesh eating monsters lurk around every corner! In this close quarter combat experience, your laser gun and your aim will be your only method of escape. Strike the flesh eating monsters fast to survive! Ages 8 and up only.
Ripley’s Haunted Adventure is open Sunday – Thursday from 2 PM – 9 PM and Friday & Saturday from 2 PM – 11 PM.
- “Outbreak” at the Hollywood Wax Museum
Survive a zombie outbreak with the Hollywood Wax Museum’s aptly named haunt, “Outbreak.”
Make your way through the zombie infested labs, the morgue, and the rotting basement to rid the world of Alpha Strain!
This attraction is open year-round, and ticket prices are $15.99 for adults and $10.99 for children.
Broadway at the Beach’s Halloween Bash in Myrtle Beach SC
It’s that time again and Broadway at the Beach is going into full Halloween mode with their Halloween Bash on The Avenue!
The event will take place on Saturday, Oct. 28 at 7 PM featuring live music with DJ Rich, and an adult costume contest beginning at 10 PM.
Contest winners will be awarded $2,000, $1,000 and $500 for first second and third place winners, respectively.
Admission to all clubs will be free to those dressed in costume.
North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex’s “Howl-O-Scream”
A rain date for this event is Sunday, Oct. 30. For information on weather the day of the event call 843-280-5594 ext. 3.
Myrtle Beach SkyWheel’s “Haunted CarnEvil”
The Myrtle Beach SkyWheel will be hosting a “Haunted CarnEvil” Saturday, Oct. 28 from 7 PM – 11 PM.
The event will feature Halloween activities, fun games, prizes and spooky SkyWheel rides beginning at 9 PM. The best part? Those who dress in costume will receive $3 off!
Halloween at Rockin’ Jump
Things are getting spooky at Rockin’ Jump Trampoline Park as the park will host three discounted events on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
- Tots Boo Go
From 9 AM to 2 PM., buy one Rockin’ Tots admission that includes one child and one parent and get a second Rockin’ Tots child admission for free. Rockin’ Tots is the park’s special mornings program just for children age 6 and under with their parents.
- Bootiful Halloween
From 3 PM to 8 PM, get a second hour of jump time ABSOLUTELY FREE! This event is for all ages.
- Rockin’ Family Fun
Also from 3 PM to 8 PM, get a Rockin’ Family Fun pack for just $65! The pack includes one hour of jump time for four jumpers, four pairs of Rockin’ Socks, one Pizza and one Pitcher of soft drinks.
J. Bryan Floyd Center’s Halloween Art Show
The event is presented by North Myrtle Beach Parks & Recreation art programs, FUNtaztic ARTs, and Arty-O! StudiO!, and the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center is located at 1030 Possum Trot Road in North Myrtle Beach.