L.W. Paul farm loads up demos for ‘Tobacco Heritage Day’
For “Tobacco Heritage Day,” see demonstrations on hand tying and stringing of tobacco, and a variety of domestic activities such as grinding grits and meal, cooking on a wood stove, blacksmithing, and traditional music. Details at 843-365-3596 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sun News
Details: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Horry County Museum’s L.W. Paul Living History Farm, 2279 Harris Shortcut Road, north of Conway. Free.
National Sculpture Society exhibit opens at Brookgreen
The National Sculpture Society’s 84th annual Awards Exhibition, opens, going through Oct. 29, with 47 works chosen from 233 entries. More details at nationalsculpture.org, and from host at 843-235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details: At Brookgreen Gardens , on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, open 9:30 a.m. daily. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $16 ages 13-64, $14 ages 65 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger.
‘Craftsmen’s Summer Classic’ festival fills convention center
More than 200 exhibitors will fill the 35th annual Craftsmen’s Summer Classic Art & Craft Festival. Details at at 336-282-5550 or www.gilmoreshows.com.
Details: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. SaturdayAug. 5, and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. SundayAug. 6 at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. $8 ages 13 and older ($1 discount coupon available online), $1 ages 6-12, and free ages 5 and younger. Parking $5 daily. Also, admission good all weekend with return pass available from show office, with photo ID.
Winery boasts ‘Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies’ for festival
Get out for the “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies Music Fest, including concerts by Latitude, and the Stringwood Trio. Details at 843-399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
Details: Noon-6 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8; bring two canned/dry-good items for area food banks and receive $3 discount.
Stage Left, Swamp Fox Players take plays to home stretch
- “Love, Loss, and What I Wore” – 3 p.m. at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $21 general, and $18 active-duty military, veterans and students – plus ticketing fees. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
- Swamp Fox Players’ “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” 8 p.m. SaturdayAug. 4-5 and 3 p.m. SundayAug. 6 at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. $20. 843-527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
Social dance fills evening at city’s Base Rec Center
Join a social dance, with music from disc jockeys Rosalie and Jack Drust. Details at 570-881-0244, or email email@example.com.
Details: 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. $7.
Two other troupes’ plays in first weeks on stage
- Theatre of the Republic’ season opener, “Catch Me If You Can,” 7:30 p.m. SaturdayAug. 5 and Aug. 9-12, and 3 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 13, at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway. $25; season tickets available. 843-488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
- “Love, Loss, and What I Wore,” geared to adults, 7:30 p.m. SaturdayAug. 5 and Aug. 10-12, and 3 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 13, at Brunswick Little Theatre, 8068 River Road S.E., Southport, N.C. $20 adults, $12 students with ID. 910-447-2586 or brunswicklittletheatre.com.
AC/DC tribute band among House of Blues concerts
Two groups are on tap House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach). Ticketing fees might apply:
- Whiskey Kiss, 7-11 p.m. on The Deck. Free.
- Thunderstruck, in AC/DC tribute, 8:30 p.m. SaturdayAug. 5. $30-$65.